THE #1 AMAZON BESTSELLER!
“THE STONE MAN is a novel that intrigues, enthralls, horrifies, thrills, and hits the reader with an emotional resonance as only the best stories can.”
– Ain’t It Cool News
Nobody knew where it came from.
Nobody knew why it came.
When an eight feet tall man made of stone appears in the middle of a busy city centre one July afternoon, two-bit (and antisocial) reporter Andy Pointer assumes it’s just a publicity stunt.
Indeed, so does everyone else … until the Stone Man begins to walk, heading silently through the wall of the nearest building, flattening it and killing several people inside as a result.
As efforts by the local police – and soon, the government – to halt the Stone Man’s inexorable progress prove futile, only three questions are on the watching world’s lips:
Where has it come from, where is it going, and what does it want?
Andy is determined to be the first person to answer those questions; after all, he was there when it arrived. Surely the headaches and visions he’s experiencing are proof of a mental connection to The Stone Man? Clearly his dreams of champagne and notoriety are all about to be fulfilled once he uncovers the truth … and the scoop of a lifetime.
In a pursuit that carries him the length of the country and the breadth of the Atlantic, Andy uncovers the jagged pieces of an increasingly terrifying puzzle. As the number of lives lost in the wake of the Stone Man reaches grim figures, the terrible results of Andy’s blind determination force him to confront the savagery of human nature.
When irresistible forces aren’t met by immovable objects, how far is too far? Andy must discover the answer – and find out who he really is – in the shadow of the Stone Man.
PRAISE FOR ‘THE STONE MAN’:
- “Tagged as both science fiction and a thriller, this is a book that has it all: strong characterization, moral quandaries, mystery, and a whole lot of tense moments all presented through the narration of a fallible, all too human protagonist that you can’t help but root for. Reading the final sentence of the The Stone Man was truly a bittersweet moment. “ SFsignal.com, Hugo award-winning website
- “If you’ve read anything else by Luke, you will be wanting to read this. If you’ve not, then this is as good a place as any to start.” simon211175, Amazon Vine Voice
- “Tremendous. I was looking for something completely original and different, this nailed it. Highly recommended.” Neil Novita
- “It was one of those books where you tell yourself you will read just one more page, then look at the clock and realise that it’s 2 hours later. I would thoroughly recommend it” Elaine Hosegood
- “…so my 5-star review? That’s five stars in comparison to REAL books; not just the stuff you’ll find self-published on Kindle. The Stone Man is the sort of book that, if I’d splashed ten quid on in an airport or train station, bookstore, I’d have considered it money well-spent.” Militant Ginger, Amazon USA Review
- “Fantastically written characters who make you care about them right from the off, an unfathomable villain who defies all understanding and a supporting cast that flesh out the story beautifully.” Andy Pettifer, Goodreads Review
Want to download the first few pages of this book for FREE so that you can try before you buy? Click the ‘Send sample now’ button on the upper right hand side of this page to do just that!